It's no secret that I love to travel. This time, I needed a SERIOUS getaway where I could realign myself with my passion for exploration and adventure. I wasn't going to take no for an answer, so it was time to take some action.
In less than two weeks, I planned a five-day trip to Playa Del Carmen from Raleigh, NC for less than $1,000 a person inclusive of airfare, accommodations, and transportation. I want to share my tips and tricks on how you can plan your spur of the moment getaway sans guilt.
1. Find your inspiration. I frequently use the Kayak mobile app to search for deals based my days of availability and price range. I explore various destinations on the app by choosing "More" and then "Explore."
2. Decide on your adventure. Trips come in many forms. Think about experiences that make you happy. Also consider whether or not you want to drive or fly.
3. Decide on the duration. Time away should not be stressful. Select the right number of days that align with work or family schedules.
Example: We chose 5-7 day trip was selected for Mexico based on our work schedule.
4. Find the best price for your flight. If you are flying, I highly recommend using the Hopper App. Hopper helps you determine when to fly and buy so you get the best fare for your trip.
5. Consider bundled deals. If you are looking to purchase more than a plane ticket, you may be able to save more money by bundling your plane ticket, hotel, and car rental together.
6. Book it. Get excited! If you need assistance regarding the research for your trip post-booking, Papilia is here to assist and advise.