Whether you are a seasoned traveler or a newcomer to the world of traveling, there are certain things you should never leave without. I recently had to make a trip overseas on very short notice, and completed most of these items, and forgot to take care of some. I would hate for the same thing to happen to you.
1. Check the currency of the country. You will want to be prepared to take cash just incase you cannot use a credit card.
2. Call your credit card company. If you plan to use your credit card, the company may put a hold on your card for suspicious activity. Believe me, it's the last thing you want to experience overseas.
3. Call your cellular company if you need an international plan. It's a quick call before you get on a plane; and you will save tons on money.
4. Make copies of your passport. A safety precaution that you will not regret.
5. Check the voltage of the country. You may need to bring a converter for your electronics.
6. Bring your personal medication + other cold/stomach medication. Enough said.
7. Last but certainly not least, check the weather so you appropriately pack clothing for your destination/activities. You want to enjoy your trip to the fullest, right?
If I am missing any MUST HAVES or MUST DOs, please let me know!